Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Obey the Law!

I just finished my first week at my new job being a wilderness ranger. I have to be honest, there are some pretty crazy and stupid things that people do in the forest that I never thought they would do! I'm not going to post what they did, because I don't want to give anyone ideas. I've had a great time working and doing trail maintanance, patrolling, and sign posting. It's hard work, but way fun. I can't believe I'm getting paid for hiking! I hope that I get to ride with the FPO's (Forest Protection Officers) soon. I get to write out tickets, but they get to do more stuff like that and get to interact more with the public than what I get to. So please obey the laws when you're out this summer hiking and camping! If you have questions about what you can and can't do, ask me!! We have awesome people on our staff and crews. I met some of the FPO's, fire crew, and trails crew the other day and they were really cool also. I think this summer is going to be awsome, but hard. The only thing that I regret is that I don't get to go to church at all until September. But I gotta do what I gotta do.

I'm just so glad that last semester is over with. I ended with 4 A's and a B+. I finished and have my WFR (wilderness first responding) certificate. I got very sick during the intense 9 day 80+ hour class and almost had to drop out, but I survived and I can save lives in the wilderness! I moved to Centennial apartments during the WFR class. It's ok living here, sometimes it reminds me of the Riv, but I think It'll be good for me for the summer. I'm hoping to move somewhere nicer for the fall, but we'll see what happens.

I'm just enjoying the warmth and my 3 day weekends which are Monday to Wednesdays.

1 Comments:

At 6:22 AM, Blogger Julie said...

That sounds like so much fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home